Over the last few days I have finished the stairs mockup, made out of foam core. This was a test run before I make the stairs out of wood, to help with sizing and fitting. Here is a picture of the mockup on its side before placing it:
I glued this together and then used sewing straight pins as “nails” to hold it together.
This is what it looks like being held in place. I learned from this that a. it is going to be hard to make the stairs straight and b. as expected I am going to need to add a tread even allowing for installed flooring thickness.
Despite the fact that this is tricky, I am rather excited about it! I think it will look pretty cool once it is done!
I also worked on the electrical. Here you can see the first interior portions of the Cir-Kit electrical tape placed in the foyer:
It is to the lower left in the photo.
I’ve also gotten some adorable miniature items as follows:
This is a loon print from songmountainfineart on Etsy.com. Her work is lovely! This is going above the dresser in the bedroom.
A really beautiful tiny bowl from the UK:
Also from Etsy.com, Madebymanos, it is thin and shapely and looks gorgeous filled with some paper flowers also from Etsy.
And here are some more beautiful miniature flowers, again – Etsy!
And the link for this store is: Carverscuttings, and they make lovely stuff.
For now, good night!