February 11, 2016:

A couple of busy days what with work and other life things that happen. Last night I cut out three of the window openings in the dollhouse. I discovered that my skills at jigsawing straight lines on a vertical surface are less than impressive. Did I screw it up totally? Nope. Actually quite fixable with a couple of wood putty patches and some shims. BUT, I think I will have to figure out how to use a straightedge of some kind as a jig for the rest of the windows. Clamping might be a bit of a problem, even with the nifty new set of clamps that came in the mail a couple of days ago (Yay Amazon Prime!)

Today at lunch hour I went to Hobby Lobby. They were having a big sale so I got a bunch of supplies for about half the retail price, including a Cir-kit electrical tape wiring combo kit. Since those are not cheap, this was pretty cool! I probably need another kit but they only had one left.

I also got some paints, and bits of wood and metal items.

I also found a website that carries modern style glass doors which might work for my interior doors. It would save me making them. I think I’m still going to have to make the entry doors myself, however. Double doors most likely.

I also picked up a couple of fun pieces of felt which I may or may not use in the house. We’ll see. Cute modern patterns, which are less common.

So the next step will be to install the interior walls and cut the interior doorways in those walls.

Here are the wavy window openings:

IMG_3654