I’ve actually gotten quite a bit of work done on the dollhouse over the past several weeks, but nothing all that thrilling to look at.
- I’ve stained the foyer staircase treads and landings.
- I’ve wallpapered both stories of the foyer with the same paper I used in the great room.
- I’ve purchased more molding which has yet to be stained. This will be base molding and crown molding.
- I repaired the lighting run into the foyer, which had stopped working.
- I bought myself a fun little toy – it is a tiny clamp on work light for model workers—perfect for miniatures.
Here is a picture of the foyer, wallpapered and with the stair treads and landings stained. The stringers will be painted grey or maybe white:
On the left is my little mini clamp light. At the rear on the bottom floor is my REAC Barcelona bed (E-Bay). This will be a nice place to sit and admire the artwork, once it has been hung.
So I have a number of things I can work on:
- Drawer and cabinet handles for the kitchen cabinets.
- Kitchen peninsula.
- Baseboards and crown molding.
- Miscellaneous finishing projects (such as raw edges of floors and walls.
- Doors and frames.
And then it will be on to finishing the exterior of the house, including the roof deck, and furnishing and then decorating the interior. That will be a lot of work. Like Pepper at mitchymoominiatures.com, I am probably going to have to do egg carton stone on the exterior. Oh boy. That will be a workout. But real stone is too heavy. AND, I still have to make the removable front of the house. More cutting and measuring and finishing.
I plan to make the following furniture:
- Occasional tables for the living rooms.
- Lamps for the living room.
- Patio furniture.
- Bathroom floating vanity.
- Some of the plants.
- Some of the décor objects.
So still PLENTY of work left to do!