June 6, 2016:

Well I did get some work in on the mini house over the weekend. I spent my time connecting the LED “can” lights to the electrical tape in the house. This was very time consuming, as there are many lights in the great room.

I also “fixed” the hanging light over the area where the dining table will be. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was not super happy with part of it. I did find some aluminum tubing with a very small diameter, and figured out how to cut it without crimping the tube hole shut (use jeweler’s cutters to gently go around the tube with low pressure, and then bending the pipe so that it snaps along the indented line you’ve made). So then I ran the LED wires inside two of the tubes, and glued the bottom of the tube to the interior aluminum heavy duty wire supports of the lampshade, and then glued the tops of the two tubes together.

I’m not posting a photo of it now, as I want to do that when all the lighting is installed and the false ceiling is fastened in place.

I found a pretty cool video tutorial online of a person making a kitchen for a dollhouse. The quality was very good and watching the video was very helpful as I will need to start on the kitchen cabinetry/appliances in the not too distant future.

I also purchased some tile for the bathroom floor, decided that would work better with the thickness of the foam core board that the adjacent bedroom hardwood veneer flooring is affixed to. Also it will look more real, since it is real. It is ceramic tile, however, as they did not have a stone tile that I liked.